So these next couple of posts are probably going to be about Christmas and cookies. Mostly because I had a lot of fun this year and want you all to see it...lol
So it didn't start to feel like Christmas until almost a week ago. Maybe its because I work retail and everyone in retail kinda detests Christmas, since we listen to the exact same Christmas song over and over again for 8 hrs!
We had our annual Cookie Making Day. It was a lot of fun as usual. Filled with flour butter, eggs and sugar! I made around 11 dozen cookies, my sister made 11 dozen cookies, my other sister made 4 dozen plus some souffles, and my two friends came over and they made around 2 dozen each. So there was tons of everything everywhere.
Sam and I went out and bought some Christmas tins and then I wrote on them with Sharpie Paint Pens, to add a personal touch.
|Christmas Tin opened to reveal a list of what cookies are inside the tin.|
|A hand written To and From on the front of the tin.|
from All Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.